As the official interactive games provider of the 2002 FIFA World Cup tournament, the game promises to capture every moment of glory, every emotion, every sound and every aspect of a truly global event, giving consumers the opportunity to kick-off the FIFA World Cup frenzy by playing in the tournament before it begins. Gamers will find a whole new world of showboating and high-tempo, high-impact action, obvious from the first touch of the ball.
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Electronic Arts Canada
Ship Date: Spring 2002
© 2002 Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Official and exclusive content - The only interactive soccer game licensed to use the official FIFA World Cup, insignia, mascots and the 20 new World Cup stadiums in Japan and Korea.
- Star Players – Lifelike representation of all the star players participating in the World Cup Tournament, combined with the exceptional individual talents that characterize their style of play in real life.
- Accessible and exciting new game play -‘Air Play,’ delivers intuitive one-button headers, volleys, scissor kicks, juggling, and more. Showboating and high-tempo, high-impact play is both exciting and accessible from the first touch of the ball.
- New player-to-player animations – New player-to-player animations result in aggressive jostling for the ball both on the ground and in the air.
- ‘World Cup Moments’ - Key dramatic moments during the tournament including the beginning of a match, the end of a match and key goals are highlighted by epic cinematics. Using replays, player animations, original scores by the Vancouver Symphony and special effects, World Cup Moments underscore the emotional range of play with increasing intensity as games become more important.
- ‘Moment Zooms’ - New camera angles and replays capture intensity of World Cup games as they dramatize nearly missed shots, fouls and goals by focusing on player facial animations as they grimace and fall to their knees in frustration or pump their fists and cheer in celebration of a goal.
- Tournament Mode - A seven game series beginning with round-robin play, followed by playoffs leading to the final match with a progressive story line and a rising intensity as you advance.
- New stadium environments- Teams will be met with a rising tide of crowd excitement with thousands of fans sporting team colors, country specific chants, and an explosion of special effects including lasers, confetti, streamers, flags.